"Obsidian" is an utterly elegant multi-functional turnout rug with an assorted neck cover. The anatomical fit and the soft foam padding on top of the withers slightly lifts the rug to relieve pressure and increase comfort.
The rug comes in three different thicknesses: the basic version with no filling, a slightly thicker version with a 150g filling, and a warm version with a 300g filling, to meet the demands of cold winter conditions.
Both rug and neck cover are composed of a breathable, water-repellent outer layer (5000mm-3000gsm) and an inner layer made from woven Welltex® fabric, closest to the horse’s coat. The sleek surface of the lining protects the fur from chafing, and the fabric provides an intense and powerful reflection of infrared energy. The large size of the rug allows for Welltex® to exert its therapeutic effect over a large area on the horse’s body.
"Obsidian" envelops the horse in a soft embrace that can help stimulate blood flow to all the large, important muscle groups - making it an excellent choice before and after any activity as well as during rest and recovery. The effect may also contribute to improved joint mobility and ease of movement.
The rug is kept in place by double chest buckles, crossed surcingles and a plastic-covered tail cord with D-rings. The design enables easy and sturdy attachment to Back on Track liners.
Luxuriously Jet Black in colour, both the rug and the neck cover are adorned with reflexive piping around the edges, for high visibility and safety.
• Powerful infrared energy reflection
• Detachable neck cover included
• Wear-resistant and durable
• Allows for freedom of movement
• Can be combined with our "Rhyolite" liner
• Foam padding for pressure relief around withers
• Suitable for many uses
"Obsidian" 0g Turnout Rug +
The "Obsidian" 0g turnout rug is an adaptable, multi-purpose rug, well suited to a multitude of different weather conditions – alone, or together with a lining. It comes with an associated neck cover that easily attaches to the rug with hook- and loop straps
"Obsidian" 150g Turnout Rug +
The "Obsidian" turnout rug 150g is a multi-purpose turnout rug with an incorporated, insulating filling, making it well suited for chilly weather conditions. It comes with an associated neck cover with a 100g filing, that attaches to the rug with hook- and loop straps.
"Obsidian" 300g Turnout Rug +
The "Obsidian" turnout rug is a multi-purpose turnout rug with a 300g incorporated, insulating filling, making it well suited for cold weather conditions. It comes with a neck cover with a 200g filling, that attaches to the rug with hook- and loop straps.
All orders are shipped with DPD and can only be returned with DPD. All further information about our DPD shipping service can be found at: https://www.dpdgroup.com/nl/mydpd/
- With the shipment number in the shipping confirmation email, you can track your order.
- Here you will find a shipment number and a tracking link.
- With these, you can view the current status of your order online at any time.
- In some instances small parcels (up to 2Kg) are sent with Post NL, in that case, you would need to track the shipment on: https://postnl.post/tracktrace
- The shipping costs are different in every country. Shipping costs will be calculated at the checkout.
- Orders above the value of € 150,- will be shipped free of charge within Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Poland and Czech Republic! Exemptions may apply for other countries (Spain over €250. Italy, Portugal over €500).
- The current delivery time using DPD is 3-6 working days, Monday-Friday excluding Bank holidays & other public holidays.
- The current delivery time to Belgium and Luxembourg is 2-5 working days, Monday-Friday excluding Bank holidays & other public holidays.
- The current delivery time to Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal and Italy is 5-7 working days, Monday-Friday excluding Bank holidays & other public holidays
- As soon as your payment has been approved & your order has left our warehouse, you will receive shipping confirmation by e-mail.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
Request a return by clicking HERE. Fill in your order number (4 digits), email address and which items you would like to return. We'll email you a return label to attach to the return package which you can then drop off at any DPD pickup parcelshop. Find your nearest pickup parcelshop here: https://www.dpd.com/nl/en/pickup-parcelshops/
Customers returning packages from Italy and Slovenia need to do so at their own expense.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.